Asher House, Austin, TX
Asher House, Austin is located two blocks from the University of Texas and has easy access to lots of great restaurants, parks, running trails, and public transport. This two-story home has ample living space, including a beautiful stone patio area with a fire pit. Austin is a great city for those who love music and the outdoors; it hosts a wide range of music events and has many public trails, parks and lakes.
Applicants must be practicing Christian Scientists who rely on Christian Science for healing and who uphold the moral standards of Christian Science. Membership in the Mother Church and/or a branch church is encouraged.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO BE A CTI RESIDENT?
- Graduates and individuals who have completed or partially completed an accredited degree or certificate program are welcome to apply.
- Candidates must be willing to actively participate in the Asher House and local Christian Science community.
- Candidates must a) have a plan to be working, b) be actively searching for employment or c) be working with a career mentor.
WHAT ARE CTI RESIDENTIAL REQUIREMENTS?
- CTI residents abide by the same house rules as any Asher resident.
- CTI residents may live at Asher House, Austin for up to one year.
- CTI residents will have monthly check-ins with the House Manager to support the CTI resident and to determine ways to improve the program.
- CTI residents actively support ASF as participants in ASF activities and as ambassadors who share Asher, Austin with colleagues and friends.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Please complete an application and return it to:
Jessica Dunlap, House Manager
Asher House, Washington, DC
2811 Hemphill Park
Austin, TX 78705
Other household amenities include:
• 4 free parking spaces behind house; free street parking
• Laundry room
• Heat & air conditioning
LAC members have experience and expertise in:
• fostering youth;
• addressing financial, business, legal, personnel and practical matters;
• making connections for outreach and promotional purposes.
LAC members play a key role in introducing the Asher team to the local Christian Science community (CSOs, churches, DB Chapters, etc.).
LAC members are all volunteers. They recruit and select their own members (3-5 total) and elect a chairperson to serve as the main point of contact for the House Manager, the Director of Operations, and the Executive Director.
LAC responsibilities include:
• metaphysically supporting Asher Student Foundation and the local Asher House,
• backing up the House Manager as needed,
• being on-call for special assistance related to resident applications, maintenance issues, and special outreach events at and for the House,
• being available as mentors for residents who would benefit from career resources and internship connections,
• looking for opportunities to represent and promote Asher House in the community.
If you are interested in being a member of the LAC for Asher House, Austin, please contact Director of Operations, Joy Booth, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Austin Community College
- Austin Graduate School of Theology
- Huston-Tillotson University
- ITT Technical Institute: Austin
- Southwest Institute of Technology
- St. Edwards University
- University at Texas Austin
- Virginia College in Austin