Asher House, Boston, MA
Located within five miles of 33 colleges and universities and one block from The Mother Church, Asher House, Boston is a bustling hub for students and interns who attend school or work all over the city and nearby suburbs. The house has room for 12 residents. Situated on the edge of the Back Bay and Fenway neighborhoods, it has easy access to public transportation (bus, subway, and train).
Applicants must be practicing Christian Scientists who rely on Christian Science for healing and who uphold the moral standards of Christian Science. Membership in The Mother Church and/or a branch church is encouraged.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO BE A CTI RESIDENT?
- Graduates and individuals who have completed or partially completed an accredited degree or certificate program are welcome to apply.
- Candidates must be willing to actively participate in the Asher House and local Christian Science community.
- Candidates must a) have a plan to be working, b) be actively searching for employment or c) be working with a career mentor.
WHAT ARE CTI RESIDENTIAL REQUIREMENTS?
- CTI residents abide by the same house rules as any Asher resident.
- CTI residents may live at Asher House, Boston for up to one year.
- CTI residents will have monthly check-ins with the House Manager to support the CTI resident and to determine ways to improve the program.
- CTI residents actively support ASF as participants in ASF activities and as ambassadors who share Asher, Boston with colleagues and friends.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Please complete an application and return it to:
Patrick Harber, House Manager
Asher House, Boston
25 Symphony Road
Boston, MA 02115
Other household amenities include:
• Parking spaces for rent behind house ($200/month)
• Laundry room
• Bicycle storage
• Heat & air conditioning
In addition to The Mother Church, there are several branch churches in the surrounding area with prominent locations in Cambridge, Jamaica Plain, and Newton. The three largest CSOs in Boston are affiliated with Boston University, Harvard University, and Emerson College. Also, the Chestnut Hill Benevolent Association is just a few miles from the house.
LAC members have experience and expertise in:
• fostering youth;
• addressing financial, business, legal, personnel and practical matters;
• making connections for outreach and promotional purposes.
LAC members play a key role in introducing the Asher team to the local Christian Science community (CSOs, churches, DB Chapters, etc.).
LAC members are all volunteers. They recruit and select their own members (3-5 total) and elect a chairperson to serve as the main point of contact for the House Manager, the Director of Operations, and the Executive Director.
LAC responsibilities include:
• metaphysically supporting Asher Student Foundation and the local Asher House,
• backing up the House Manager as needed,
• being on-call for special assistance related to resident applications, maintenance issues, and special outreach events at and for the House,
• being available as mentors for residents who would benefit from career resources and internship connections,
• looking for opportunities to represent and promote Asher House in the community.
If you are interested in being a member of the LAC for Asher House, Boston, please contact Director of Operations, Joy Booth, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bay State College
- Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology
- Berklee College of Music
- Boston Architectural College
- Boston College
- Boston Conservatory
- Boston University
- Bunker Hill Community College
- Cambridge College
- Emerson University
- Fisher College
- Harvard College
- Hellenic College/ Holy Cross
- Lesley University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- MCPHS University
- Mount Ida College
- New England College of Business and Finance
- New England Conservatory of Music
- New England Institute of Art
- Newbury College
- Northeastern University
- Pine Manor College
- Roxbury Community College
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts
- Suffolk University
- Tufts University
- University of Massachusetts Boston
- Urban College of Boston
- Wentworth Institute of Technology