Asher House, East Lansing, MI
Asher House, East Lansing is the original Asher House. Located five blocks from Michigan State University, it is a welcome haven away from the bustle of the large campus. It is also just a short walk away from Grand River Ave, which is full of restaurants, shops and art galleries.
Applicants must be practicing Christian Scientists who rely on Christian Science for healing and who uphold the moral standards of Christian Science. Membership in the Mother Church and/or a branch church is encouraged.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO BE A CTI RESIDENT?
- Graduates and individuals who have completed or partially completed an accredited degree or certificate program are welcome to apply.
- Candidates must be willing to actively participate in the Asher House and local Christian Science community.
- Candidates must a) have a plan to be working, b) be actively searching for employment or c) be working with a career mentor.
WHAT ARE CTI RESIDENTIAL REQUIREMENTS?
- CTI residents abide by the same house rules as any Asher resident.
- CTI residents may live at Asher House, East Lansing for up to one year.
- CTI residents will have monthly check-ins with the House Manager to support the CTI resident and to determine ways to improve the program.
- CTI residents actively support ASF as participants in ASF activities and as ambassadors who share Asher, East Lansing with colleagues and friends.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Please complete an application and return it to:
Lillian Marshall, House Manager
Asher House, East Lansing
417 Bailey Street
East Lansing, MI 48823
Other household amenities include:
- Garage/driveway parking for 4-5 vehicles
- Laundry room
- Bicycle storage
- Heat & air conditioning
LAC members have experience and expertise in:
• fostering youth;
• addressing financial, business, legal, personnel and practical matters;
• making connections for outreach and promotional purposes.
LAC members play a key role in introducing the Asher team to the local Christian Science community (CSOs, churches, DB Chapters, etc.).
LAC members are all volunteers. They recruit and select their own members (3-5 total) and elect a chairperson to serve as the main point of contact for the House Manager, the Director of Operations, and the Executive Director.
LAC responsibilities include:
• metaphysically supporting Asher Student Foundation and the local Asher House,
• backing up the House Manager as needed,
• being on-call for special assistance related to resident applications, maintenance issues, and special outreach events at and for the House,
• being available as mentors for residents who would benefit from career resources and internship connections,
• looking for opportunities to represent and promote Asher House in the community.
If you are interested in being a member of the LAC for Asher House, East Lansing, please contact Director of Operations, Joy Booth, at email@example.com.
- Lansing Community College
- Michigan State University