Asher House, Seattle, WA
Asher House, Seattle is a charming, spacious home in a tree-lined neighborhood less than half a mile from the University of Washington. The house is located a few blocks from “The Ave,” which boasts a wide array of unique shops, restaurants and theaters, and just four miles from downtown Seattle.
Applicants must be practicing Christian Scientists who rely on Christian Science for healing and who uphold the moral standards of Christian Science. Membership in the Mother Church and/or a branch church is encouraged.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO BE A CTI RESIDENT?
- Graduates and individuals who have completed or partially completed an accredited degree or certificate program are welcome to apply.
- Candidates must be willing to actively participate in the Asher House and local Christian Science community.
- Candidates must a) have a plan to be working, b) be actively searching for employment or c) be working with a career mentor.
WHAT ARE CTI RESIDENTIAL REQUIREMENTS?
- CTI residents abide by the same house rules as any Asher resident.
- CTI residents may live at Asher House, Seattle for up to one year.
- CTI residents will have monthly check-ins with the House Manager to support the CTI resident and to determine ways to improve the program.
- CTI residents actively support ASF as participants in ASF activities and as ambassadors who share Asher, Seattle with colleagues and friends.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Please complete an application and return it to:
Will Greene, House Manager
Asher House, Seattle
5208 19th Avenue, NE
Seattle, WA 98105
Other household amenities include:
- Street parking available for a monthly fee (ranging from $30-$65/month depending on the number of cars on a single permit)
- Laundry room
- Bicycle storage
LAC members have experience and expertise in:
• fostering youth;
• addressing financial, business, legal, personnel and practical matters;
• making connections for outreach and promotional purposes.
LAC members play a key role in introducing the Asher team to the local Christian Science community (CSOs, churches, DB Chapters, etc.).
LAC members are all volunteers. They recruit and select their own members (3-5 total) and elect a chairperson to serve as the main point of contact for the House Manager, the Director of Operations, and the Executive Director.
LAC responsibilities include:
• metaphysically supporting Asher Student Foundation and the local Asher House,
• backing up the House Manager as needed,
• being on-call for special assistance related to resident applications, maintenance issues, and special outreach events at and for the House,
• being available as mentors for residents who would benefit from career resources and internship connections,
• looking for opportunities to represent and promote Asher House in the community.
If you are interested in being a member of the LAC for Asher House, Seattle, please contact Director of Operations, Joy Booth, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Antioch University Seattle
- Argosy University: Seattle
- Art Institute of Seattle
- City University of Seattle
- Cornish College of the Arts
- North Seattle College
- Northwest University
- Seattle Central College
- Seattle Pacific University
- Seattle University
- University of Washington