Asher House, Tallahassee, FL
Located directly across the street from Florida State University, Asher House, Tallahassee is a craftsman style bungalow built in 1913. It was originally the home of Clara Lewis, a Christian Science practitioner, who generously offered her house to Christian Science students when she left Tallahassee. The house is in close proximity to several parks, including the Cascades Park, which consists of a small amphitheater, restaurant and beautiful trails and is just one mile from the house.
Applicants must be practicing Christian Scientists who rely on Christian Science for healing and who uphold the moral standards of Christian Science. Membership in the Mother Church and/or a branch church is encouraged.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO BE A CTI RESIDENT?
- Graduates and individuals who have completed or partially completed an accredited degree or certificate program are welcome to apply.
- Candidates must be willing to actively participate in the Asher House and local Christian Science community.
- Candidates must a) have a plan to be working, b) be actively searching for employment or c) be working with a career mentor.
WHAT ARE CTI RESIDENTIAL REQUIREMENTS?
- CTI residents abide by the same house rules as any Asher resident.
- CTI residents may live at Asher House, Tallahassee for up to one year.
- CTI residents will have monthly check-ins with the House Manager to support the CTI resident and to determine ways to improve the program.
- CTI residents actively support ASF as participants in ASF activities and as ambassadors who share Asher, Tallahassee with colleagues and friends.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Please complete an application and return it to:
Terri Bushnell, House Manager
Asher House, Tallahassee
535 W. College Avenue
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Other household amenities include:
- Gated parking lot with 6 free spaces
- Laundry room
- Bicycle storage
- Heat & air conditioning
LAC members have experience and expertise in:
• fostering youth;
• addressing financial, business, legal, personnel and practical matters;
• making connections for outreach and promotional purposes.
LAC members play a key role in introducing the Asher team to the local Christian Science community (CSOs, churches, DB Chapters, etc.).
LAC members are all volunteers. They recruit and select their own members (3-5 total) and elect a chairperson to serve as the main point of contact for the House Manager, the Director of Operations, and the Executive Director.
LAC responsibilities include:
• metaphysically supporting Asher Student Foundation and the local Asher House,
• backing up the House Manager as needed,
• being on-call for special assistance related to resident applications, maintenance issues, and special outreach events at and for the House,
• being available as mentors for residents who would benefit from career resources and internship connections,
• looking for opportunities to represent and promote Asher House in the community.
If you are interested in being a member of the LAC for Asher House, Tallahassee, please contact Director of Operations, Joy Booth, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University
- Florida State University
- Tallahassee Community College