What is an Asher LAC?
Local Advisory Councils play a key role in the success of Asher Houses around the country. Under the guidance of the Executive Director and the Director of Operations, the Local Advisory Council (LAC) for each Asher House offers an “on the ground network” of support and resources to Asher House Managers and students.
LAC members have experience and expertise in:
• fostering youth;
• addressing financial, business, legal, personnel and practical matters;
• making connections for outreach and promotional purposes.
LAC members play a key role in introducing the Asher team to the local Christian Science community (CSOs, churches, DB Chapters, etc).
LAC members are all volunteers. They recruit and select their own members (3-5 total) and elect a chairperson to serve as the main point of contact for the House Manager, the Director of Operations, and the Executive Director.
LAC responsibilities include:
• metaphysically supporting Asher Student Foundation and the local Asher House;
• backing up the House Manager as needed;
• being on-call for special assistance related to resident applications; maintenance issues, and special outreach events at and for the House;
• being available as mentors for residents who would benefit from career resources and internship connections;
• looking for opportunities to represent and promote Asher House in the community.
If you are interested in being a member of the LAC for an Asher House, please contact Director of Operations, Joy Booth, at email@example.com.